Birthing experiences impacted
Programs & Training's
Benefits of HiriNG a Doula
- Doulas are highly trained and specialize in pregnancy and delivery, so their knowledge is outstanding.
- You will receive one-on-one support from your doula.
- A doula will help offer support for the dad too and give him suggestions on how he can help.
- Having a doula often results in shorter labor and fewer complications
- According to Mothering the Mother, by Marshall Klaus, John Kennell and Phyllis Klaus, studies show that the physiological effects of support during labor reduces:
- length of labor by 25 percent
- use of analgesia by 35 percent
- Pitocin augmentation by 40 percent
- epidural anesthesia use by 60 percent
- chances of needing a c-section by 51 percent
- use of forceps and vacuum by 30 percent
Moms who choose to work with a doula have reported higher satisfaction during childbirth, fewer incidences of postpartum depression, increased self-esteem, better mother-infant interaction, improved postpartum care and more breastfeeding success.